See this week's Official Big Top 40 in full, Yes @MileyCyrus! Miley Cyrus' 'Midnight Sky' is the highest New Entry this week on the UK's biggest chart show. Stevie is set to return to the spotlight next month after some downtime with her new live album, The 24 Karat Gold Tour. Here’s what we know about the project so far, Kylie Minogue – Magic (Purple Disco Machine Remix), Gary Barlow – Elita (Ft. Michael Bublé + Sebastián Yatra), Steps – What The Future Holds (Cahill Remix), Tina Turner – What’s Love Got to Do with It, Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round (Like A Record), Vince Clarke: ‘Erasure is like a really lucky marriage’, Steps go BTS on What The Future Holds video, Mike Stock’s That Was Then… This Is Now! It was such a fun time for music and artists and right now isn’t fun. « Tweet explains how she stays true to herself as an R&B artist, Jon Pardi gets in touch with his "Western" roots for new version of "Ain't Always the Cowboy" », Stevie Nicks says she "could not be more flattered" that Miley Cyrus sampled her hit for "Midnight Sky". Learn More - Youtube, Introduction To Investment Management Pdf, Cardinal Health Dental, Wasteland 3 Release Date, The Bourne Supremacy Stream, Phar Lap Game Review, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around Sheet Music, Russia Compared To India, Fresenius Liberty Cycler Travel Case, 40 SHARES Share on Facebook Tweet Follow us" />

Newsletter

Email Marketing by E-goi

Inscreva-se para receber as nossas noticias!

Email Marketing by E-goi

edge of seventeen midnight sky

Play Download. According to Miley, she got a lot more than she bargained for with the rock icon’s reply – as she gave her permission to “borrow” musical ideas from the Fleetwood Mac legend whenever she wants in “the coolest letter ever”. "Midnight Sky" is a song by American singer Miley Cyrus, released on August 14, 2020, by RCA Records as the lead single from her upcoming seventh studio album She Is Miley Cyrus. “I sent her the song and I said, ‘I have an alternate melody, if you don’t want me to kind of like pay tribute to you and your greatness and how much you’ve inspired me,'” Miley recalls, “And she said, ‘You can borrow from me anytime.'”. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. RETRO POP participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Subscribe to the Retro Pop newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest from your favourite acts of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky (Official Video), Miley Cyrus, Stevie Nicks - Edge of Midnight, Stevie Nicks Gushes Over 'Fantastic' MusiCares Tribute From Miley Cyrus (Exclusive). She can sing anything and make it work. Duration: 4:26 Size 6.09 MB Timeless Music. It means Nathan Dawe and KSI's collaboration 'Lighter' slips two places to Number 3. I don't think any of them would ever, like, just take a sample and not tell me...," says Stevie. sets November debut, Róisín Murphy: ‘I’m as much like Radiohead as I am Kylie’, Stevie Nicks joins TikTok as Dreams re-enters charts, Anne Nolan feeling ‘fantastic’ as cancer tests come back clear, Shania Twain’s label found Any Man of Mine ‘offensive’, Fleetwood Mac reconnect with Lindsey Buckingham. Duration: 4:09 Size 5.7 MB Amazing Lyrics. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. In the letter, Stevie says, she told Miley, "I could not be more flattered," and then related a story about how, when she performed in L.A. in 1973, she sang "Coat of Many Colors" by Dolly Parton, who is Miley's godmother. Play Download. External links are provided for reference purposes. Stevie's pleased that Miley did that, and says she finds it "thrilling" that young female artists are fans of hers. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The hitmaker tells The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon she personally reached out to the Fleetwood Mac star to seek her approval to sample the classic track, taken from Stevie’s solo debut, Bella Donna. Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for NARASMiley Cyrus' latest hit "Midnight Sky" interpolates rock legend Stevie Nicks' classic tune "Edge of Seventeen," so Miley contacted Stevie to ask her permission. Miley Cyrus is back with a new single Midnight Sky. She’s also makes you believe the song is her’s. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Girls just wanna have fun but they can’t have fun now. Jazz Aspen Snowmass – Aspen, CO She channels Stevie Nicks and the cover queen sings it well. This subreddit is dedicated to musical mashups. Kygo's rework of Tina Turner's 'What's Love Got to Do with It' climbed a place to become this week's Number 2 song. Goggles? "I really love the fact that they actually love my music and I love the fact that they are inspired by my music," she says of today's stars. Miley’s Midnight Sky Edges Stevie Nicks Seventeen, NBCUniversal Launches Virtual Unlock Festival, Ocean Spray’s Marketing Campaign Is Good For Music, Command Sisters Share Lonely Lullaby Track, Amy Allen Opens Up Heaven With Latest Track, Burned Out: Politics At Work Takes Its Toll, BLM’s New Unlikely Ally: Contemporary Christian Music, Jesse Gold’s One in Million: Whisper Pop is Alive & Well, Gabby Barrett’s Cheat Song Becomes Multi Format Smash, The Brummies Bring Good Vibes With New Track, Swedish Based Temple In Man Releases Reminiscing, The Clocking is Ticking For TiKTOK: Alarm Will Sound Off On Sunday Night. Stevie's releasing a concert film, 24 Karat Gold, this month; tickets are on sale now. All rights reserved. 'Midnight Sky' is a dramatic dance anthem with a chorus inspired by Stevie Nick's 80s classic 'Edge of Seventeen'. Wait! Everything is backwards. Turns out Stevie is a longtime fan of Miley's, dating back to Hannah Montana, who Stevie calls "very cool and totally fun. Why bring back the 80’s now? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Miley’s new single “Midnight Sky” is available now: Miley Cyrus talks about ‘coolest letter ever from Stevie’, Live in Concert – 24 Karat Gold Tour (2CD), Live in Concert – 24 Karat Gold Tour (Clear Vinyl), Live in Concert – 24 Karat Gold Tour (Black Vinyl), Crystal Visions…The Very Best of Stevie Nicks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYu0jmqeAVU, https://stevienicks.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/THE-BOOK-OF-HENRY-Stevie-Nicks-–-Your-Hand-I-Will-Never-Let-It-Go-Lyric-Video.mp4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7NZ43dalzY. By Andrea DresdaleCopyright © 2020, ABC Audio. "Midnight Sky" by Miley Cyrus sampled Stevie Nicks's "Edge of Seventeen". ", "And then I just kind of followed her career and how great she is, how amazing her voice is," adds Stevie. Duration: 3:43 Size 5.1 MB Nightly. Miley’s new single “Midnight Sky” is available now: http://mileyl.ink/midnightsky, POSTPONED! Joel Corry and MNEK's 'Head & Heart' climbed back to the top spot to give it its fourth week at Number 1. Jason Derulo and Kygo joined Will Manning this Sunday to see where their latest singles had charted in the UK. “It’s just been really incredibly important in my career, having someone like (Stevie) to look up to. “They are so open and welcoming to the newer members, the younger artists coming up, and they offer their mentorship,” Miley gushes. "I have said to all these girls, like, 'Appreciate it while you've got it, because it doesn't stay forever,'" she laughs. New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival And if you haven’t already, check out this brilliant mash-up of Midnight Sky and Edge of Seventeen. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Meanwhile, Dua Lipa also sampled Stevie on her latest album Club Future Nostalgia. Miley Cyrus' latest hit "Midnight Sky" interpolates rock legend Stevie Nicks' classic tune "Edge of Seventeen," so Miley contacted Stevie to ask her permission. Have a request for a song or information? ABC News is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Six weeks at Number 1 on the UK's biggest chart show bigtop40.com/news/miley-cyr…, Keith Urban & P!nk's 'One Too Many' makes a charge for UK, Follow The Official Big Top 40 on Twitter, Follow The Official Big Top 40 on Facebook, Follow The Official Big Top 40 on Instagram, Follow The Official Big Top 40 on YouTube. And now I'm talking to her goddaughter!'" May 3, 2020 Fall 2020 – TBA, POSTPONED! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The track debuted at Number 9, making it the highest New Entry this week and a big contender for Number 1 next Sunday. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Play Download. The pop singer previously saluted Fleetwood Mac at the 2018 MusiCares’ Person of the Year ceremony, where Miley performed a cover of their classic hit Landslide, and she is grateful to count Nicks as one of her mentors – alongside her godmother, Dolly Parton, and Joan Jett. "All the girls are incredibly polite and respectful of me. Fans have pointed out the similarities between Miley Cyrus’ latest hit Midnight Sky and Stevie Nicks’ Edge of Seventeen – and it seems the comparisons aren’t just an unlikely coincidence. Fans have pointed out the similarities between Miley Cyrus’ latest hit Midnight Sky and Stevie Nicks’ Edge of Seventeen – and it seems the comparisons aren’t just an unlikely coincidence. Stevie gushed. Play Download. "It's totally thrilling for me!". We should have brought back the sad 90’s which is more fitting, and after a decade when things return to normal, then the 80’s. That’s what Miley does, follow the trends. All rights reserved. In 2018, she performed “Landslide” at Fleetwood Mac’s MusiCares’ Person of the Year bash, to which Stevie gave her seal of approval, calling the performance “fantastic.” Miley’s also covered the perennial classic at her own shows. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. “Midnight Sky” bears some resemblance to Stevie Nicks‘ 1981 rock anthem “Edge of Seventeen,” as this well-crafted mixup of the two songs, cleverly dubbed “Edge of Midnight,” demonstrates. Miley Cyrus is back with a new single Midnight Sky. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The track debuted at Number 9, making it the highest New Entry this week and a big contender for Number 1 next Sunday. Midnight Sky/I Want Your Love/Edge Of Seventeen/What Goes Around...Comes Around (Miley Cyrus, Chic, Stevie Nicks, Justin Timberlake) - [4:08] "I was like, 'It is so cool that I had that kind of connection with Dolly Parton when we first moved to Los Angeles. yO YOu gOOd?! You know, like everyone looks up to Stevie Nicks but having that direct relationship has been just, you know, kind of life-changing.”. Sep 4-6, 2020 2021 – TBA, CANCELED! Miley has long been a fan of Stevie’s. Jason Derulo and Kygo joined Will Manning this Sunday to see where their latest singles had charted in the UK. Jason Derulo discussed becoming the 'king of TikTok' as 'Take You Dancing' spent another week in the Top 10. “Midnight Sky” bears some resemblance to Stevie Nicks‘ 1981 rock anthem “Edge of Seventeen,” as this well-crafted mixup of the two songs, cleverly dubbed “Edge of Midnight,” demonstrates. Stevie's 1994 performance of "Blue Denim" on Late Night with David Letterman proved more than anything that she was rock and roll survivor, fabulously crimped hair and all! It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. These cookies do not store any personal information. Governors Ball – New York City That’s what Miley does, follow the trends. > See this week's Official Big Top 40 in full, Yes @MileyCyrus! Miley Cyrus' 'Midnight Sky' is the highest New Entry this week on the UK's biggest chart show. Stevie is set to return to the spotlight next month after some downtime with her new live album, The 24 Karat Gold Tour. Here’s what we know about the project so far, Kylie Minogue – Magic (Purple Disco Machine Remix), Gary Barlow – Elita (Ft. Michael Bublé + Sebastián Yatra), Steps – What The Future Holds (Cahill Remix), Tina Turner – What’s Love Got to Do with It, Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round (Like A Record), Vince Clarke: ‘Erasure is like a really lucky marriage’, Steps go BTS on What The Future Holds video, Mike Stock’s That Was Then… This Is Now! It was such a fun time for music and artists and right now isn’t fun. « Tweet explains how she stays true to herself as an R&B artist, Jon Pardi gets in touch with his "Western" roots for new version of "Ain't Always the Cowboy" », Stevie Nicks says she "could not be more flattered" that Miley Cyrus sampled her hit for "Midnight Sky".

Learn More - Youtube, Introduction To Investment Management Pdf, Cardinal Health Dental, Wasteland 3 Release Date, The Bourne Supremacy Stream, Phar Lap Game Review, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around Sheet Music, Russia Compared To India, Fresenius Liberty Cycler Travel Case,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *