The Contractor Cast, Deadwood Movie Amazon Prime, Ben Whishaw Net Worth, Who Is The Richest Migo, Peter Kay House Rufford, Cr7 Jeansrich Orosco Birthday, Leadership Effective Feedback, Is 18 A Teenager, Granit Xhaka Wife, 40 SHARES Share on Facebook Tweet Follow us" />

Newsletter

Email Marketing by E-goi

Inscreva-se para receber as nossas noticias!

Email Marketing by E-goi

the way you make me feel book

I got sucked in by that cover and the synopsis and couldn’t wait to get to it. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Teen & Young Adult Fiction about Dating & Sex (Books), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. But maybe Rose isn't so bad. Please try your request again later. Her love interest was super cute, and I appreciated the diversity in this book. Maurene Goo grew up in a Los Angeles suburb surrounded by floral wallpaper, one thousand cousins, and piles of books. Please try again. i adored the characters and the story. Reviewed in the United States on January 13, 2020. i adored the characters and the story. It had everything I want from this genre: memorable characters, developed romantic and non-romantic relationships, diversity, a fresh premise and atmosphere. Something went wrong. When she takes one joke too far, her dad sentences her to a summer working on his food truck, the KoBra, alongside her uptight classmate Rose Carver. This book was a trainwreck from start to finish. I almost DNF this book, but after you get through the third or fourth chapter, the book starts to pick up. Clara's parents are Korean by way of Brazil--a cultural identity that comes through in their personalities as much as in the food that Adrian prepares on the KoBra--they're also young and not married, things that don't come through a lot in contemporary YA. Refresh and try again. Oh wow. Highly recommended. But maybe Rose isn't so bad. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Not the carefree summer Clara had imagined. In a way that one expects, this is a cute, summer read featuring a cute romance and a feathery light plotline and execution to read through all in one sitting. Preloaded Digital Audio Player, Unabridged. in fact, that’s really not part of the story at all! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published The Way You Make Me Feel is an incredibly good and adorable read, full of yummy food descriptions, and it should definitely be on your summer TBR. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I didn't love it as much as I Believe In A Thing Called Love, but it was still a fun contemporary. Clara's mom didn't receive the reprimanding that I wished she'd get in the story, but I think I was just projecting what I would've done. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. It's very cute and very current, possibly a little too current for me. one thing that i love about this book is that it shows a totally different type of asian american family that’s more relaxed as opposed to worrying about achievements. Please try again. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Clara Shin is good at two things: getting into trouble and making people laugh. Where Dreams Descend Start by marking “The Way You Make Me Feel” as Want to Read: Error rating book. by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR). i loved clara’s dad too! The kicker is that Clara will be working KoBra with Rose. (bangs fists on glass) THIS COULD’VE EASILY BEEN GAY! Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. I loved every INCH of this book. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Something went wrong. This was so cute! This story was okay. , the first book in the planned Kingdom of... To see what your friends thought of this book. Maybe Clara actually feels invested in her dad’s business. Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2019. Light and funny contemporary that is perfect for the summer! What an adorable sweet book this was so cute and fluffy contemporary this was this is exactly what I need it right now. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. And I'm glad I finished it. It's always nice to hear from more margnalized characters because there's not a whole lot in terms of YA Rom-Com books. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. When a joke goes wrong and causes a fire at Elysian High School, Clara Shin is teetering the line of getting suspended along with her arch nemesis, Rose Carter. clara, our main character, is refreshing in her brashness and confidence. It (totally) made me cry. Clara has such a clear, distinct voice; there's no other character is YA lit like her right now, and I absolutely couldn't get enough. With Maurene Goo's signature warmth and humor, The Way You Make Me Feel is a relatable story of falling in love and finding yourself in the places you’d never thought to look. First of all, how gorgeous is this cover? Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It's got the cute premise that resembles the TATBILB series, and the Korean background and diversity, which is of course always nice to see. In the beginning the plot set up was very clunky and awkward, but once you got to know the characters it picked up. However, this book delivered way more than I expected from the way this book is marketed. Maurene Goo grew is the author of several acclaimed young adult novels, including I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE and THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL. i loved that he was supportive and kind and never fell into that icky toxic dad trope of protecting his daughter’s virtue. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. one thing that i love about this book is that it shows a totally different type of asian american family that’s more relaxed as opposed to worrying about achievements. Unable to add item to List. Snappy dialogue and an endearing cast of characters bring to life this richly-drawn portrait of multicultural LA." It's not like Clara's an actual bully or anything. It'd be a perfect summer read. This is like apples and oranges compared to I Believe in a Thing Called Love! This book could so easily have been dreadful because the MC Clara Shin just acted like the most up-her-own-butt tosser ever for lots of the novel... And believe me I wanted to slap her for being such a diva. It's great to see cute and happy books like these with POC main characters and background characters be so we. With her two friends, Patrick and Felix, Clara has coasted through her first two years of high school leaving a trail of chaos and epic pranks. I just have to say, I absolutely did not like Clara in the beginning. I liked the main character, even though sometimes she was annoying, but all in all she was a pretty funny through the book at times. But that's just a bonus. ", "The Way You Make Me Feel is a love letter to new friends, great food, and the beautiful and complicated bonds of family. Clara Shin is good at two things: getting into trouble and making people laugh. Maurene Goo has a way of writing dad characters that I would literally die for. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on September 29, 2018. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. clara, our main character, is refreshing in her brashness and confidence. Despite my tendency to rebelliously love the YA absent parent trope, I really loved Clara's dad. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2018. Light and funny contemporary that is perfect for the summer! She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and cat, Maeby. I loved that the book focused on the. . ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review. Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2019. i loved that he was supportive and kind and never fell into that icky toxic dad trope of protecting his d. this is such a perfect summer read! Preloaded Digital Audio Player, Unabridged. We’d love your help. Along the way she has also managed to infuriate her nemesis Rose Carter quite a few times. Along the way she has also managed to infuriate her nemesis Rose Carter quite a few times. There was a problem loading your book clubs. “Did you cook pork in this pan beforehand?”. If you’re looking for a poignant YA contemporary book. the chemistry between rose and clara was, like, off the charts. Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2018. Unable to add item to List. fuck that hamlet guy. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. in fact, that’s really not part of the story at all! Square Fish; Reprint Edition (May 7, 2019). Basically every character is a POC, the utter lack of white people was so refreshing. And I'm glad I finished it. Maybe the boy named Hamlet (yes, Hamlet) crushing on her is pretty cute. Reviewed in Australia on September 17, 2019. I didn't love it as much as I Believe In A Thing Called Love, but it was still a fun contemporary. . . I absolutely adored THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL! This book is a great light and fluffy summer read. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This story was okay. THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL by Maurene Goo ‧ RELEASE DATE: May 8, 2018 A spirited teenager learns about the meaning of love, friendship, and family. She was snarky and unpleasant and I'm glad for her transformation throughout the book. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Clara is a sharp and sassy teen with lots going on underneath. In a way that one expects, this is a cute, summer read featuring a cute romance and a feathery light plotline and execution to read through all in one sitting. “The first woman president has to happen in my lifetime, or I'm going to light this entire planet on fire.”, “It's easy not to be disappointed when you're always wading in the shallow end of feelings.”, Is there any kind of romantic relationships in this book? you can be as diverse as you like but if you’re going to be ignorant towards a religion mmm no, (sometime in 2017): I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT BUT THE COVER IS SO WONDERFUL AND THE MODEL IS ASIAN AND I WANT IT NOOOWWWWW omg, Okay, I have a confession to make: The main reason why I couldn't enjoy this book was because, [Suddenly, Rose was all up in my space. I loved this story of her getting to know herself. Before publishing her first book. It was also surprisingly easy to relate to, especially considering the fact that Clara and I are very different people. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. It's sweet and funny and full of pranks and pure joy. Her love interest was super cute, and I appreciated the diversity in this book. The Way You Make Me Feel is a delightfully funny contemporary filled with food, family, and evocatively described Los Angeles locations. "With massive amounts of humor, heart, and soul, this love letter to L.A. and its diversity is a celebration of friends, family, and food trucks. I really enjoyed this story.

The Contractor Cast, Deadwood Movie Amazon Prime, Ben Whishaw Net Worth, Who Is The Richest Migo, Peter Kay House Rufford, Cr7 Jeansrich Orosco Birthday, Leadership Effective Feedback, Is 18 A Teenager, Granit Xhaka Wife,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de email não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios marcados com *